Polynesian tattoos: the meaning of symbols
This nation has an ancient tradition - do tattoos. Polynesians in this skill have a special talent. According to their belief, skin patterns can change a person's character and strengthen its spirit.
Polynesians with awe and honor belong to the ocean. A closer look at the Polynesian tattoos, we can see that their characters are in most cases related to water and its inhabitants.
Polynesian tattoos are characterized by a set of coded symbols that not only tell about the life of their owner, but also to give him the necessary qualities. In addition, the tattoo - it's always original, not like the other drawing created by the wizard for a person individually.
Meaning Polynesian tattoos depends on the combination of elements to which they are depicted. The population of the islands highlights several major characters that are present in the tattoos more often.
- Sun - a sign that symbolizes eternity and life, alternating with death. It is a joy, luck and positive energy. Depicted as a circle and represents the importance of life.
- Moon. If it is a symbol of a crescent, it represents femininity and life abundance. The presence on the tattoo and the Moon, and the Sun tells the story of the secret disclosed opportunities - such a man is the master of his own destiny.
- Water. Image spirals, waves or tape shows continuous changes that will last a lifetime. Spiral - a symbol of hope and new beginnings. Anything that resembles a whirlpool of different sizes, represents the life stages, as well as the story of the past, future and present.
- Shark. This fish symbolizes strength, endurance, tenacity and power. It is a sacred creature in the water element. Polynesian tattoo with the image of a shark protection from unfriendly people and external threats. If in the form of the ornament shows the teeth, they are able to enclose the support from all troubles and tribulations.
- Turtle. Family Safety symbol, health, long life and fertility creates harmony of body and soul. In ancient times, warriors used shells as shields. Tattoo on this element protects against evil spirits.
The value of the secondary figures
Besides the basic symbols, Polynesian tattoo image using additional elements. Each curl is important and carries a certain meaning.
The inhabitants of the ocean
These entities may be present in different parts of the pattern. If it's a whale, it protects friendship, family and home. Dolphin - a symbol of harmony in the relationship. Octopus allows you to quickly adjust and adapt to circumstances. Conger says about unpleasant events that experienced people. Ramp represents the visual appeal and elegance. Sinks are treated as carrier attachment to the home, which is filled with harmony, understanding and love.
The birds and other air being
It is a symbol of freedom and good news. Meaning Polynesian tattoos are twofold. With these elements in the picture one becomes wary, but on the other hand it can assess what is happening with the height.
Painted butterflies and dragonflies - a sign of magical transformations and changes of mind.
Tattoos Polynesian-style depicting men represent the circle of relatives and friends who are able to provide support. Media is very grateful to these people. When the figure shows the number of painted men, who joined hands - it means the marriage relationship and children.
If the tattoo man squatting, it is treated as the militancy of the carrier and the ability to kill.
Image pairs of eyes means forefathers, watching from heaven carrier. One eye gives an advantage over the enemy. So he intimidates and distracts the enemy.
- Ax says that man is a fighter. It symbolizes brave and bold character.
- All kinds of cables - symbols of strong relationships with loved ones.
- Marine protects the adventurous traveler or obstacles in the road.
- Fishhook - a symbol of good luck.
- Quite often tics. In fact, this masks that protect against the evil eye. It happens that they are stuffed with the direction of view in different directions, to the owner of the tattoo has been protected from all sides.
- Fern means calmness and tranquility.
- Images other leaves contribute to the well-being and success in your endeavors.
- The lotus is used to overcome the ordeal.
- The flowers symbolize the beauty and perfection.
- The cross speaks of harmony.
Natural elements and element
- Fire speaks about the changes.
- Stones and mountains mark the achievements and stability.
It should be noted that these symbols have long been forgotten. Residents of the islands already had time to forget the secret knowledge. Despite this, Russia is quite a lot of fans so amusing ornaments.
Polynesian tattoos, photos of which are presented in this article, can be ordered from the professional master.