In Japan, it is better not to go into the elevator first
• In Japan, it is better not to go into the elevator first
In Japanese culture, even the order with which people come into the elevator, imposes certain obligations on them. Therefore, in such trifles, the Japanese always harmony and order and everyone knows their role and their place.
It is known that Japanese etiquette is not only very clear, but also very detailed. Contacting people to one another not only depends on the sex, age and social status, but also on the situation. And in everyday life, there are many unspoken rules that govern the relationship in detail. On the one hand, it is difficult, on the other - it is convenient: no need to wrestle with.
, for example, elevator. All have been in this situation: you have to wait for someone who runs to the elevator, but no one can decide who will hold the door. As a result, the door closes, the person does not have time. In Japan, there are rules to this case. To do this, come up with a duty - the captain of the elevator.
Here is a list of informal rules when using a lift:
1. When you first entered the empty elevator, you - the captain of the elevator. 2. As the captain of the elevator, stand near the control panel and hold open the doors or the doors themselves, yet not everyone will drop into the cabin.
3. As soon as the last person to go down, release the button to open the door and immediately press a button that closes the doors. Hold until they are closed. If someone else wants to squeeze inside, the procedure is canceled.
4. As a captain you have to keep the door on every floor where the elevator stops. Perform operations necessary to quickly and accurately requires skill.
5. If you come to your floor, you go out last, the captain of the ship. You end up holding the door for everyone.
6. Now the captain becomes the person who is closest to the control panel. New captain holds the door while trying not to leave the elevator.
In general, if you are in Japan for the first time and you do not have enough experience (or have not the reaction), simply do not enter the elevator first, and stay away from the keys.