Wrestling and martial arts: an overview and a brief description
Wrestling and martial arts are popular among athletes worldwide. They are conventionally divided into three groups: percussion, wrestling and mixed. For each of these categories include certain types of struggle, which have similar characteristics.
A feature of the shock of martial arts is the fact that they only allowed to use striking techniques. In some types of combat is conducted by means of punches and kicks, while others can beat the knees or elbows. Athletes who are engaged in the struggle drums species are vulnerable to those who are studying mixed martial arts. The fact that they are vulnerable to fighters of mixed style, when the battle takedowns.
to the shock types of martial arts are:
- Thai boxing.
This martial art originated in Korea. It is called differently: taekwondo, taekwondo and taekwondo. The main distinguishing feature of this species fight in the sport - the active use of the legs. In a duel allowed jabs and roundhouse kick. Athletes have a great endurance and speed. Despite the fact that taekwondo was born 2000 years ago, it is considered a sport only since 1955.
Boxing - this is a sport that has evolved from a fist fight. Over time it was regulated by rules developed special training methods. Fight conducted on ring fenced from all sides. Athletes perform in soft gloves. In the competition participate competitors who are in equal weight categories and have similar sports categories. Regulations prohibit the performance of potentially dangerous actions.
Boxing is one of the most difficult sports. The fact that the situation is rapidly changing battlefield. Athletes must have an instant reaction and a good orientation in space. Furthermore, the boxers must make quick decisions and implement technical actions. Agility, speed, accuracy, good poise and rationality - all these qualities are inherent to the boxer. The body must be very sturdy. In the process of training the athletes learn sparingly but effectively spend their forces. Success in the competition depends on how much effort the athlete has invested in the improvement of the techniques and tactics of warfare.
Thai, or Thai boxing
One of the most famous boxing is the art of Muay Thai, also known as - Thai boxing. Initially, this kind of box was developed as an army and military martial art. Personal guards of the monarch perfectly mastered techniques of Thai fight. They are trained to repel the enemy, which is much greater than their numbers.
By the 21st century, Muay Thai has become a more sporty kind of struggle than the real martial arts. Rules have suffered significant changes have become more loyal. As a result, once a deadly martial art has become much less effective.
This martial art originated in the 60s of the last century. It has spread in many countries of the world. There are several types of kickboxing:
- American. It is based on full-contact fights. This means that during the battle can strike any forces directed to any part of the body, including the head. Can beat his arms and legs.
- Japanese. Speaking frankly, the Japanese kickboxing - the modernized Thai boxing. Wrestling, which formed the basis of the Japanese kickboxing, very similar to the contemporary arts. Significant differences have only two. Firstly, elbow strikes are prohibited. Secondly, the modified scoring system. In 1981, many kickboxers have been convicted of criminal groups, so a number of large Japanese schools closed. Subsequently, the Japanese kickboxing came under the patronage of the organization K-1, which led him to a new level.
Translated from the Japanese word meaning "way of the empty hand". It is based on various percussion techniques. Fight conducted by hand. Regulations prohibit the use of grabs and throws, but it allowed the use of certain types of weapons, among them - cold. The main objective of the athletes - to force the opponent to change stance. The greatest role in karate plays a sense of balance, as well as the speed and the speed of the fighters.
Athletes who are engaged in judo, jujitsu, sambo-wrestling, grappling or wrestling war have well developed endurance, but their speed qualities left much to be desired. This is due to the fact that the battle is most often carried out in the clinch or on the ground, which means it is less dynamic than in the kinds of shock combat. However, the above-mentioned varieties of sport is very spectacular.
In Japanese, the word "Judo" means "the gentle way". It is in this country and was born this sport martial arts. At the heart of judo lie all sorts of painful holds, throws, strangling and holding. Athletes wrestlers follow the principle of unity of body and spirit. In carrying out those or other technical actions they spend less energy and physical strength. This is the main difference from other types of judo wrestling and martial arts.
Since 1964 Judo is one of the summer Olympic sports. This duel is subject to strict rules, because at the time of the fight the mind controls the body, so that judo is an educational character. Athletes not only take part in competitions, but also to explore the technique, learn self-defense techniques, as well as engaged in the improvement of mind and physical fitness. In total more than 200 National Federations of Judo on 5 continents.
Sambo refers to the fighting Wrestling. This is used to combat self-protection, it can be used to disable the opponent. However, there is another form of Sambo - sport. It has beneficial effects on the spiritual development of the individual, promotes the development of resistance, self-confidence, is training in human discipline and self-control. In addition, sports sambo - the kind of fight, harden the body and leading man in good physical shape. Sambo - is a unique martial art. It is the only sporting event, for which the competition is held in Russian.
The concept of "jiu-jitsu" is used to describe a particular system of combat, which is very difficult to describe in words. First of all it should be noted that the jiu-jitsu - a fight hand to hand. Typically, athletes do not use weapons. The use of additional items is strictly regulated. This duel based on punches and kicks, throws, locks, deductions, strangulation and bindings. It is important not brute strength athlete, but his agility and dexterity. The maximum effect is achieved with a minimum of effort. If you follow this principle, you can learn to control your body and use energy efficiently, regardless of fitness level.
Wrestling - a sport, which aims to put the opponent on the blades, that is, on the carcass. Fight strictly regulated rules. Real between athletes lasts about 5 minutes. If a fight ends in a draw, to the main time is added for another 3 minutes. If after this time, none of the men did not won, the fight continues. For purely made wrestling techniques are awarded points. You can perform various actions feet, including sweeps, hooks, side steps. In addition, permitted to make captures. To apply techniques of wrestling throws and other technical actions performed by hand.
The basis of the principles laid greppinga several martial arts including Jiu-Jitsu. Regulations prohibit the use techniques under the names of "crucifixion" and "full nelson". You can not pull the opponent's hair, make capturing your toes and hands, bite, push hands and knees to the face, scratching, and impact on the ears. Grappling - rational struggle. Winning it wins the athlete who is able to build up the battle tactics. This sport promotes flexibility, strength, plasticity. During training the athletes learn to defend themselves with the help of the whole body, not just the hands and feet. A very important role played by the sense of equilibrium and balance. Sometimes called grappling fight the last effort, as opponents often bring each other into unconsciousness by means of suffocation, entrapment and different painful methods.
Universal struggles belong to the group of mixed martial arts. They used a variety of percussion techniques, suffocating and painful methods, as well as the elements of wrestling. Athletes who are engaged in these types of struggles, have technical and strategic advantage over other fighters. There are several nuances that can be used to distinguish between the MMA.
- The kimono is not used in all forms.
- The amount and type of ammunition used during the competition.
- The ban on the use of painful and / or choke holds.
- The amount of time allowed to fight on the ground and to fight.
- The number of points awarded for a variety of techniques.
Since it is impossible to master absolutely all the technical actions permitted in wrestling and percussion types of combat and martial arts, not all the methods used in the competition. Coaches throw some of them, if they think this or that technical action is ineffective. Therefore, each fighter has their own fighting style, which makes the mixed martial arts most entertaining. These include:
- Combat Sambo.
- MMA (Mixed Fight).
This sport has its roots in antiquity. It is divided into two groups:
- Army. To fight with their hands and feet without the help of improvised means resorted to the military in the last instance, for many centuries they have studied this discipline. Bayonet fighting, fighting with knives and a fight without weapons - all of which are components of the Army of unarmed combat. This system is aimed at combating the rapid disabling opponents.
- Police dogfight has its own specificity, as guardians of the law often have to deal with unarmed troublemakers. In this case, the enemy must be neutralized without causing it injury. Therefore, the basis for police melee formed punches and kicks, sticks, receptions disarm and release from seizures.
The main types of combat relates kung fu, or as it is called, martial arts. There are at least 300 varieties of martial arts. Among them the Chun, which means "eternal spring". It is aimed at people who do not differ excellent physical shape. Lack of weight and size - not a problem for the fighters of Wing Chun. This sport is based on the impact on the unprotected enemy weak points, such as the groin, eyes and throat. For the most part, strikes are below the belt, so much flexibility for athletes is required.
MMA - an abbreviation which stands for Mixed Martial Arts, which translates as "mixed martial arts". This type of combat sport contains the most effective techniques from various martial arts. Athletes are divided into several weight categories. In combat, a protection harnesses. Boxing gloves are replaced by plates, open from the inside. Not only do they allow you to perform a variety of throws and painful holds, but also protect the athletes from all sorts of injuries. It does not allow the use of a blow to the groin, throat and spine. In addition, it is impossible to carry out technical actions aimed at capturing the small joints.
The fight at the Olympic Games
The Olympic program includes 4 types of martial arts. Among them - wrestling, boxing, judo, taekwondo.
- Fighting - Olympic sport included in the Olympic program since antiquity. It is conventionally divided into two styles, one of which - freestyle wrestling. As said before, in this sport it is allowed to perform the techniques down. Competitions in Greco-Roman wrestling are also included in the Olympic program. They are known as Greco-Roman wrestling. Quest goes in a circle, indicated on the wrestling mat. Grabs feet are prohibited.
- Boxing for the first time took part in the Olympic Games in 1904. Since 2012 in this discipline are competing not only men but also women. The basis of the rules of modern boxing went to a law called the Marquis of Queensberry rules. They appeared in the late 19th century in England.
- Judo is considered to be an Olympic sport since 1964. The basis of this kind of struggle lie techniques of jiu-jitsu and other martial arts. The competition is carried out on a hard wrestling mat on which the outlined square. Judges award points for correct execution of throws and techniques. Contestant wearing kimono. The special shape allows for all kinds of technical activities, including spectacular throws.
- introduced Taekwondo in the Olympics in 2000. The bout is held on the hard carpet, participants put on a special form and protective ammunition. Opponents perform kicks to the head and body of the opponent.
members of the Olympic martial arts are divided into weight categories. In addition, rules and refereeing the fights clearly defined.
National martial arts
There are less popular, but even more spectacular forms of struggle. These include the national martial art called Capoeira, which originated as a result of the merger of African and Brazilian cultures. It is a synthesis of dance, acrobatics and games. Athletes are fighting accompanied by the national Brazilian music.
The different types of Japanese struggle have spread in all corners of the globe. However, in the Land of the Rising Sun was born not only karate and judo, but kendo. The peculiarity of this combat is that the athletes in the competition use bamboo swords. Opponents wearing special armor for training. For each executed purely hit, caught in a certain part of the opponent's body, points are added. Currently kendo part of the curriculum in Japanese schools.