4 types of carbohydrates that you need to eat every day, and 6, which should be avoided
Scientists suggest that a sufficient saturation, we must receive half the daily calories from carbohydrates. At the same time, some studies show that carbohydrates can cause diabetes or obesity, so they should be avoided.
Valid arguments only seem contradictory - because carbohydrates can have different effects on the body, depending on the type and amount of consumption. Today, we understand that you need to eat as often as possible, and what foods should be avoided.
What are carbohydrates?
The main function of carbohydrates that we consume - providing cells with energy. Mostly they are split or converted to glucose, which is used as energy. Other carbohydrates can also be transformed into fat - stored energy, which is used hereinafter.
Carbohydrates can be divided into three types:
- Sugar: sweet short chain carbohydrates - glucose, fructose, galactose and sucrose
- Starch: long chains of molecules that eventually break down into glucose
- Fiber: indigestible carbohydrates that can nourish the friendly bacteria in the digestive system. They are used for the production of fatty acids from which the cells can subsequently take energy
In order to normalize your digestion and not be afraid of extra kilos - it is extremely important to monitor in order to have all three types of carbohydrates in your diet.
Potato bad reputation, but it contains vitamin C, potassium, and even a small amount of protein. If you eat it straight from the skin - you can get even and the required amount of fiber, which accelerates digestion. Important way of cooking: if the potatoes bake or fry without adding cheese or mayonnaise sauce - then it will be useful to you. If you use frying oil, sunflower oil and other additives - then all the benefits of potatoes except for the bright taste disappear.
Whole wheat bread and pasta
The products from whole wheat contain fiber, as are subjected to fewer processing. Such products saturate the better, and you'll be well-fed longer. This also means that the energy will be used a little slower - you longer you stay in good shape. In addition, whole wheat products contain B vitamins, are essential to maintain metabolism and energy.
Bananas, melons, grapes and other sweet fruits
The sugar content is able to suggest that these products can be harmful to health. But the whole point is the amount - if you eat 1 banana or 2 small bunches of grapes a day - they will not do you much harm.
If you're going to mix them in a smoothie or a nourishing cocktail, add a bit of protein foods that slow down the rate of digestion of fructose. Otherwise the ideal solution would be to use the fruit in other recipes, for example, if you add them to casseroles, pasta, soups or marinade for meat.
Corn and peas
Corn and peas are considered starchy vegetables, but there is nothing wrong with that, because the peas also contains a protein, and corn fiber provides. In front of the whole summer, and if you deprive yourself of a few ears of roasted corn - will lose a lot of pleasure and health benefits. It is also helpful to your diet can be considered as black beans, chickpeas and lentils - due to folic acid, potassium, magnesium and fiber. They help to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which also contribute to your tone.
Carbohydrates, on which is to give
- Sweet soft drinks and fruit juices - Beverages with added sugar hinder your metabolism, not giving him any benefit
- White bread - it contains refined carbohydrates are low in essential nutrients
- Bake cookies and pastries - due to the high content of sugar and refined wheat
- Candy and chocolate - with the exception of high-quality dark chocolate
- French fries and potato chips: although very useful potatoes, cooked in oil or dried in a dehydrator does not benefit the body
- White rice - devoid of nutrients and fiber, quickly breaks down into sugar in your body
Do you follow those which items you consume each day?