How do the most well-known mineral water in the USSR
The famous mineral water "Borjomi", which is prohibited to be sold in Russia. I went to the factory and learn about the history and production process. It was very interesting to know that the potential reserves and sources are inexhaustible, what to drink "Borjomi" can be constantly well, and one of the main questions was: "What is better - plastic or glass?".
Borjomi National Park - Kharagauli - covers an area of over 700 square kilometers and is considered the largest national park in Europe. Located at an altitude of 850 to 2,500 meters above sea level.
The composition of the mineral water "Borjomi" has remained unchanged for more than 100 years, which is confirmed by regular examinations and tests that are carried out officially since 1890. Today, mineral water "Borjomi" is identical to the one that was first poured on the first plant of Grand Duke Mikhail Romanov at the end of the XIX century.
Entrance to the plant begins with the story ...
In the nineteenth century, Borjomi was elected Caucasian residence of the imperial Romanov family, which is actively developing resort. Borjomi as the resort appeared to create in Russia own "spa" resort like Baden-Baden, and so on.. In 1850 began to work the first bottling factory in Borjomi Park already existed mineral waters, and in 1890. In 2010, "Borjomi" said 120-year anniversary of the start of production.
In 1904 was partially mechanized production of "Borjomi". In 1854, of the Borjomi was exported more than 1350 bottles, then in 1905, after the establishment of the production, export reached already 320 thousand bottles, and in 1913, and at all exceeded 9 million.
Sovietization of Georgia, not diminished the popularity of "Borjomi". Only changed the status of the elite and tourists: Romanova Stalin replaced, who was also very fond of the water. The Kremlin did not carry out without the "Borjomi" not a single event. "Thaw" of the 1960s has given "Borjomi" is another chance to get a name abroad. In 1961, 423 000 bottles of "Borjomi" were exported to 15 countries, including the United States, France, Austria. In the 1980s, sales of "Borjomi" reached 400 million bottles, and the water was the most popular in the USSR.
In the period 1990-1995. production greatly reduced due to internal economic difficulties in Georgia. But since 1995, when the company "Georgian Glass & Mineral Water Co. N. V. "resumed production of" Borjomi "on the two bottling plants, water production has increased by 40 times.
This is the original color photographs Prokudin-Gorsky:
Here begins the Borjomi:
two factories are located in the Borjomi valley: "Borjomi-1" and "Borjomi-2", I visited both plants. But let's start with the second. It produces mineral water Bakuriani is negazirovanaya water bottled in plastic containers.
Plastic bottle fed to the plant in the form of ingots the size of iPhone, which are called PET preform:
Then have blown bottle:
And filling with water:
Everything under control:
Sorting bottles in blocks of 8:
And now we are moving to the factory "Borjomi-1", which produces mineral water "Borjomi".
Borjomi was one of the 2014 Olympic Games candidate cities:
Borjomi mineral waters located in the central part of Adjara - Imereti ridge of the Caucasus Mountains in Georgia, at the altitude of 760-920 meters above sea level. Mineral water "Borjomi" is extracted for filling of the nine wells, located within the Borjomi reserve. The depth of the wells from 140 to 1500 m, but nucleation "Borjomi" occurs at a much greater depth -. More than 8000 m Due volcanic origin mineral water "Borjomi" saturated natural carbon dioxide is able to rise to the surface without the aid of any pumps depth 8 -10 km warm stream (t 38-41S). "Borjomi" reaches the surface of the earth, along the way becoming enriched composition from more than 60 different minerals present in volcanic rocks Caucasian mountains. All wells are functioning in self-flowing mode, that is produced just the right amount of water, which resumes normal natural way. one of the wells, where you can taste the water is open to visitors. She is warm and smells of hydrogen sulfide, but the taste is absolutely identical to the bottle.
The water rises to the surface enriched with carbon dioxide, but according to the formulation is enriched with additional CO2.
What for? CO2 is a natural preservative and taste enhancer. CO2 in the Borjomi plant uses natural, which is produced from a nearby plant in the mountains. Number CO2 in Borjomi average and this count is exactly how it was 100 years ago. That is why there are no variations in Borjomi - "gas" or "no gas". The recipe is one from the start of production.
One of the protective properties of the bottle from a fake is engraved deer. At the plant is not in use recycling glass, t. E. Recycled GLASS containers. Only new bottles. Preparation of glass for reuse - not a cheap pleasure.
Stickers are placed exactly in the center of the bottle and deer, this is followed by a special mechanism with multiple cameras cost more than 200 thousand dollars. In an industrial scale to make a fake simply unprofitable. The characteristic blue-green color of the bottle of "Borjomi" is patented and even has its own name - "Georgian Green".
In the figures:
- are exported to 40 countries
- 2/3 of production - is export
- Total produced 180 million liters per year, 130 of which - is Borjomi. The remaining 50 - it Bakuriani and Borjomi Springs.
- In Soviet times, it was made up to 400 million liters per year
- The plant employs about 600 employees
- Sources are endless, according to geologists, the supply of water is more than 800 million liters per year - Total 22 wells have a depth of 140 m to 1 km 5, 9 of which are actively used. The rest - well monitoring.
- Changing the wells occurs every 30-50 years.
- During the period of peak load plants operate around the clock, as usual - 2-3 shifts per day.
In general, the production process is as follows:
- Passive outpouring of water from the wells, which are located within a radius of 25 km from the plant
- Active transport pumps water on plants
- extraction of hydrogen sulfide, sedimentation, cooling water
- Enrichment of natural CO2
- Additional preservatives are not added.
- Enrichment is not made additional minerals.
In May 2006, the Russian Federal Agency for Consumer Protection has imposed a ban on the sale to Russia of products produced in Georgia, including the "Borjomi". The formal reason - inconsistency product technical standards of the Russian Federation. Against the background of the disappearance of the Georgian water market began selling bottled in Stavropol mineral water "Nagutskaya-26" under the name "Russian Borzhom", but in 2007 the court banned the sale of water at such a similar name on the lawsuit of the Georgian producer of the original "Borjomi"
A loading into wagons and trailers happening in the old manual:
- During the 2009-2011 biennium. According to official data of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and Ukraine Derzhspozhivstandart not revealed facts forgery and / or falsification of mineral water "Borjomi".
- Plastic or glass: the water in any container is the same as extracted from the same sources. Shelf life: in the glass - 2 years in plastic - 1 year. The reason for the difference in time - the ability of the plastic to pass gas, which eventually lowers the degree of aeration of the water, but even a year later aeration of the water in the plastic is acceptable for the rate of consumption. From the words of employees of the plant - they are very selective in the choice of suppliers of plastic food and preserve its reputation. - Ways to export to Ukraine: "Borjomi" is bottled from the same source, and that in 1890, in the town of Borjomi in Georgia. In order to get to Ukraine, "Borjomi" straight from the line comes in containers and sent to a plant in Ukraine. On the way to the Ukrainian consumer "Borjomi" overcomes distance of 2,000 km - from the city of "Borjomi", via the Georgian port of Poti on the sea in Ilyichevsk, then spread on the territory of Ukraine.
- Is it possible to drink Borjomi constantly? The advantage of therapeutic mineral waters is their versatility: they can be used as a table drink, for the prevention and systematically - for treatment. One of the causes of questions about the regular consumption of "Borjomi" - there is the presence of calcium in the water. But in "Borjomi" amount of calcium is 100 mg / l, which is acceptable for daily use because the risk of salt deposition only occurs if the calcium content exceeds 200 mg / l.
- Who will import water Ukraine? IDS Borjomi International - as an international company, which unites enterprises producing bottled mineral water in Russia, Ukraine and Georgia and occupies a leading position in the CIS and Baltic countries dates back to 2002. Today - an international group formed as a result of interaction and teamwork companies IDS Borjomi Georgia (Georgia), IDS Group (Ukraine), IDS Borjomi Russia (Russia) and IDS Borjomi Europe (Lithuania). Group companies produce and markets world-famous brands of mineral water - "Borjomi", "Likani", "Mirgorod", "Morshinska", "Truskavetska Aqua-Eco", "Truskavetska Krishtaleva", "Holy Spring", "Edelweiss" and others. This is David, who acquainted us Georgian traditions and Leo:
Home Georgian tradition - it is a feast and wine ... in a totally defies logic amounts:
Wine should drink approximately as in this photo. After such a thermonuclear strike can only help Borjomi, whose slogan is "clears away excess":