Beautiful old building in New York, which no longer exist
• Beautiful old building in New York, which no longer exist
New York is constantly being rebuilt. And constantly growing cost of the ground forces in the city to build more and more high-rise buildings. In the 19th and 20th centuries dozens of beautiful old buildings were torn down to make room for new construction. It was not until 1966, when the national law of the historical heritage was adopted, which allows federal laws to protect historic buildings.
Racecourse on 6th Avenue between 43 and 44 streets from 1905 to 1939 was one of the biggest racecourses of his time, with a capacity of 5200 spectators.
The old Metropolitan Opera House was built in 1883 next to Times Square. The building was demolished in 1967 and the performances were moved to Lincoln Center.
Madison Square Garden was located between Fifth and Madison Avenue, and 26th and 27th streets. The arena was demolished in 1926.
Astor Hotel was built in 1904 on Broadway and 44th Street. It was demolished in 1967.
Ziegfeld Theater on 54th Street and 6th Avenue opened in 1927 with a performance at the Rio Rita. It was demolished in 1966 to make way for a skyscraper.
Brooklyn bank building was completed in Brooklyn Heights in 1894. At that time, he was declared an architectural masterpiece and stood until 1964.
Buildings newspaper information publications The New York World, New-York Tribune, and the New York Times have been located near the City Hall. The buildings were demolished in 1955 and 1966 respectively.
At the lower Manhattan building Singer headquarters was completed in 1908. It was dismantled in 1968.
Located near the Tower Zinger Tower Capital City was a strange shape, which was demolished in 1986.
Commodore Hotel was built in 1919 near the Central Station. In 1980 it was completely renovated.
The building of St. Paul discovered in 1899 on the lower Broadway and was named in honor of the chapel across the street. The building was demolished in 1958.
The building Germania Club House, which housed social club in Brooklyn. This building was demolished in 1920 to make way for the metro.
The synagogue was built in 1867 at the forty-third Street and Fifth Avenue. The building was demolished in 1926.
Richmond Hill. It was purchased by Aaron Burr in 1794, and demolished in 1849 ogdu.
Impressive Distsiples Church, located at 45th Street and Madison Avenue. It was built in 1873, but was destroyed in 1899.
The Savoy Hotel Plaza was built in 1927 on 5th Avenue between the fifty-eighth and fifty-ninth streets. In 1964 it was demolished.
Levison The stadium was opened on the campus of the City College of New York in 1915 and was demolished in 1973 to make room for the new training center.
Vanderbilt family built several mansions on Fifth Avenue in 1880. The house is situated on the photo was on 57th Street and Fifth Avenue, owned by Cornelius Vanderbilt II. It was the largest mansion built in Manhattan.
"Triple Palace," a series of townhouses, also built for the family members of the Vanderbilts, located directly south of Fifth Avenue. They were demolished in 1940.
Home Samuel Osgood was the first presidential mansion where George Washington lived for two years, when New York was the capital of the USA. It was demolished in 1856.
Life Building The building was built in 1870 in lower Manhattan. In 1912 it was destroyed by fire.
John Wolfe Building was built in 1895 in the financial district. It was demolished in 1974 to widen the street.
Cotton Exchange Building was built in 1885 in Hanover Square.
The original Penn Station was built in 1910 was sold and demolished in 1962 to make room for a larger train station and Madison Square Garden.
Luxury apartments in the Navarro building near Central Park, was built in 1882. In 1926 the building was sold and demolished.
The building of the City Hall and the post office first opened in 1878. The architecture was not very nice and the building was demolished in 1938.
The building of the New York prison, which also housed the courts and the police, was built in 1838, however, the foundation was weak and the building began to sink. It was rebuilt in 1902 and later demolished in 1974.
The luxury hotel was built Bildmore on 43rd Street and Madison Avenue in 1913. It closed in 1981.
The mansion, built for Senator William Clark on Fifth Avenue in 1897, boasted 25 bedrooms and 35 rooms for servants. The building was demolished in the late 1920s.
The building of the Union Dime Savings bank was opened in 1906 near Bryant Park. It was demolished in 1956.
Wanamaker was a popular department store on Broadway and Ninth Street in the early 1900s. He burned down and was demolished in 1956.
All Angels Episcopal Church on the Upper West Side. It was built in 1890 and demolished in 1979.
Astor House hotel building was built in 1836 in Lower Manhattan, and was considered the most beautiful hotel in America. Abraham Lincoln was among his guests. among its guests. In 1913, the house was demolished.
Temple Beth-El was built in 1891 on the corner of 76th Street and Fifth Avenue. The building was sold in 1945 and was demolished to make way for a residential building.
The steel magnate Charles Schwab has built an expensive mansion with 75 rooms on Riverside Drive, which was completed in 1905. In 1948, the house was demolished.
This house was built in 1884 at 68th and Madison Avenue to the Metropolitan Museum President. In 1912 it was demolished to make way for a residential building.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel The original building was built in 1897. The house was demolished in 1929 to make way for the construction of the Empire State Building.
Piccadilly hotel was built in 1928. In 1982 he was replaced by a new hotel.
Buildings headquarters of the newspaper New York Herald, was built in 1894 on 34th Street and Broadway. It was destroyed in 1921.
"Victory Arch" was erected near Madison Square Park in 1919 after the end of World War I .. It was a temporary structure built of wood.