Amusing facts about the "Tour de France", which you will be interested to know
• Amusing facts about the "Tour de France", which you will be interested to know
"Tour de France" (Tour de France) - the most prestigious event in cycling. If you are a fan of cycling, you can argue that you know about the existence of this famous race. However, even if you do not know about it, after reading this article, you are sure to know about this exceptional and competitive event.
As you probably know, it's - the world's biggest bike race. You might even know a little bit about Lance Armstrong (Lance Armstrong) and how he won the race seven times, and then was stripped of all her medals. There is still a lot of interesting facts about the "Tour de France", which you can still do not know, and today we will tell you the 25 most interesting ones!
25. In 2016, the "Tour de France" is performed 103 times.
24. A cycle race, first organized in 1903, is held annually. "Tour de France" was not carried out only during the First World War (1915-1918) and World War II (1940-1946).
23. The bicycle race was originally established as a promotional project of the newspaper L'Auto: she had to compete with cycling race Paris - Brest - Paris, which is sponsored by the newspaper Le Petit Journal, as well as increase the number of subscribers.
22. The number of subscribers with 25.000 prior to cycling has increased to 65,000 after its implementation, and it only grew in subsequent years.
21. The greatest number of wins (7) on the bicycle race "Tour de France" could boast of Lance Armstrong, but in 2012 the US Anti-Doping Agency (the USADA) stripped of all his titles.
20. The cyclist was accused of doping. However, trying to circumvent the system more athletes since 1903.
19. The first cyclists drank alcohol and ether, to dull the pain.
18. But since then, as the alcohol began to be considered a stimulant, its use was banned.
17. In 1947, some cyclists even took a bottle filled with lead, to quickly descend from the mountain tops.
16. Perhaps the greatest deception in the "Tour de France" was identified in the early history of the race: the athletes get to the finish line on the train, not on bikes.
15. The winner of the "Tour de France" is rewarded the yellow jersey, and which participates in the next race.
14. The length of the cycle race - 3000-4000 km, which is about the distance from London to Jerusalem.
13. More than 12 million spectators stand along the route to see the race.
12. Before the riders goes a caravan of advertisers to distribute goodies.
11. In the past, before the rules were established, advertisers have used the most incredible ways to compete for the viewer's attention - from acrobats to musicians.
10. Some viewers even died during accidents associated with caravans.
9. "Tour de France" is the third largest television event in the sports world (after the World Cup and the Olympic Games).
8. "Tour de France" looking for more than half the world's population - 3, 9 billion people.
7. Perhaps it is not surprising, but France is the owner of the largest number of titles obtained - 36. It is followed by Belgium (18-Tew) and Spain (with 12-Tew).
6. Most bike - light color.
5. The most severe in the history of the "Tour de France" became a Swedish cyclist named Magnus Beksted (Magnus Backstedt) weighing 94 kg. He earned the nickname "Big Maggie".
4. Some fans "Tour de France" are coming to the track of the race week-plus to take place, which offers the best view.
3. Notwithstanding the cases of doping and cheats on the "Tour de France" operates an unwritten code of honor.
2. With a slow pace of the race cyclists are allowed to get ahead, to see his family. This gap in time, however, they can not be used to win the stage.
1. In the entire history of the race "Tour de France" died 4 athletes. One of them died, when he decided to go for a swim in between the stages.